The Hype Project
Ethics & Sustainability
Our Commitment Your Commitment
By partnering with us, you are choosing to support a business
that puts purpose above profit.
When we aren’t working on projects for you or our other clients, we are doing pro-bono work for not-for-profits and NGOs that are making a positive impact in the community and on the environment.
This commitment is only possible thanks to your support. Our purpose will be supported by an ethical approach to business that is measured, benchmarked, and accredited through a B Corp Certification.
Not only do we want the best for our clients, but we want to give you the confidence that we have an ethical approach to business. We won’t ever work with harmful industries or businesses, and what we charge goes directly back into doing good in the world. Your support helps us make the planet a better place.
The Hype Project is proud tohave taken the1% for the Planet pledgeThe Hype Project is taking part in the global movement, giving back 1% of the business profit to the environmental non-profits to create a healthier planet.
The Hype Project is proud to have taken the Pledge 1% pledge.Pledge 1% allows companies to donate 1% of their revenue, profit, equity (shares), or time to social causes and not for profits. We chose time. To us, nothing is more valuable than time. Time with loved ones, time following your passions, time spent helping others.
The Hype Project is a
Certified B Corporation
Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
The Hype Project catered company events, or any other time at which food is provided by the company, the food will be plant-based.
The Hype Project does not, and will not deal with
companies directly or indirectly involved in the following goods or services that are ethically misaligned with Hype’s purpose:
- Payday Lending
- Fossil Fuels
- Nuclear Power
- Animal Products / Services
- GMO Foods
- Illegal Goods / Subject to Phase Out
- Industries at risk of Human Rights Violations
The Hype Project is committed to minimise environmental impacts concerning our
activities and services, and enhancing environmental performance via compliance and achieving our objectives.
Our planet is fragile, and the earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society.
We must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of our operations – in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the Australian social discourse.
We seek to minimise our impact on the environment and maximise the effective use of resources.
We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts in accordance with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, contractors and community members at all levels.
- To comply with ISO 14001: 2015 and aim for continual improvement
- To meet our environmental obligations in accordance with Environmental Acts and Legislation and relevant legal and other requirements, including Local Government and contractual requirements and other requirements placed upon the organisation, or to which the organisation subscribes
- To comply with legislation protecting any site, place, structure or material of cultural heritage significance
- To establish and maintain objectives and targets with the aim of reducing negative environmental impacts and achieving continual improvement
- To prevent pollution and reduce the release of emissions from our workplace, emitting net zero carbon by the end of 2022
- To ensure that environmental management principles are included in all planning activities
- To ensure that all employees are trained to understand their requirements and obligations of applicable standards, acts, legislation and other requirements.
- To monitor, inspect, measure and report the effectiveness of our environmental program and objectives.
- To have a positive environmental impact by embracing the use of sustainable resources and improved waste and energy reduction measures
- To minimize waste production and disposal
- To minimize the use and disposal of hazardous substances
- To minimize industrial noise and emissions
- To reduce the use of non-renewable resources, and to increase recycling
- To reduce consumption of resources, water and energy
- To ensure incidents are promptly investigated and causes are corrected and prevented from reoccurring
- To provide information and training to our people in environmental issues awareness and work procedures
- To act with due regard for the requirements and expectations of our clients, neighbours and community, stakeholders, insurers, and industry associations
- To ensure our suppliers and subcontractors comply with relevant requirements
- To more effectively gather feedback and information to improve our Management